Media please contact:
Chris Romoser, Iomega Corporation, (858) 314-7148 email@example.com
Iomega Announces New Top-of-Line Rackmount Network Storage For SMBs and Distributed Enterprises: New Iomega StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array
* * *
Iomega Ratchets Up Power and Performance of Category-Leading Rackmount NAS:
- Intel Core2 Duo Processor, 7200 RPM Hard Drives, Optional Solid State Drives
- VMware, Citrix and Windows Certifications
- Full Hyper-V Live Migration Support
- Deduplicating Backup with EMC Avamar
- Revolutionary Iomega Personal Cloud Technology With No Fees
- Expandable From 8TBs Up to 36TBs in a Single Array
- EMC Designed and Tested With Enterprise Results For SMB Economics
- Prices Start at less than $6,000
SAN DIEGO, Aug 23, 2011 —Iomega, an EMC company (NYSE: EMC) and a global leader in data protection, today announced the worldwide launch of the new Iomega® StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array, a powerful next-generation network storage solution delivering the highest levels of performance and advanced data protection for small-to medium-sized businesses and distributed enterprises.
Featuring world class EMC® storage and security technologies, the new StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array replaces the Iomega StorCenter ix12-300r as Iomega's top-of-the-line rackmount network storage array. The new StorCenter px12-350r combines the best software capabilities with category-leading hardware to improve capacity and performance, making the px12-350r ideally suited for use in production data stores, server virtualization, backup-to-disk target and video surveillance – all at amazing entry-level prices as well as a budget-keeping and category-shattering price of less than $10,500 for the maximum 36 terabytes of network storage.
With full Hyper-V Live migration support, multiple RAID levels and hot swap drives, certification for the most popular virtualization environments and the only SMB rackmount NAS in the industry to natively support Avamar® deduplicating backup, the new StorCenter px12-350r is sophisticated data management and protection that is also easy to use, easy to manage, and affordable for SMBs to own.
"The new Iomega StorCenter px12-350r leverages leading EMC technologies, bringing best-in-class storage, security and cloud capabilities that cater to the network storage and management needs of today's small and mid-sized businesses, and distributed enterprises," said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega. "As the flagship of our most advanced and powerful business class of NAS devices, the px12-350r incorporates the latest in high performance technologies including solid state disk drives, expanded memory and 3TB 7200 RPM disk drives, as well Iomega's Personal Cloud technology and the only network storage array in the world to natively support Avamar deduplicating backups. The px12-350r is truly advanced network storage that can be the foundation for today's high growth SMBs and distributed enterprises."
"Small and mid-sized businesses face many of the same challenges as larger organizations, including rapid storage growth, infrastructure sprawl and even more severe budget constraints," said David Vellante, co-founder of The Wikibon Project. "The problem is that smaller organizations don't have the resources to manage increasing levels of data complexity. What they need are extensible products with rich feature sets and rock solid data assurance that are dead simple to operate. The new Iomega StorCenter px12-350r array is a leading example of an affordable solution for today's SMB buyer that delivers turnkey business value without breaking the bank."
Configurations of the new Iomega StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array
A 2U Form factor rackmount NAS with 12 slots for drive expansion, the StorCenter px12-350r comes in two base configurations: 4 x 2TB drives for minimum of 8TB* of network storage, and 4X 3TB drives for 12TB of network storage. Users can expand capacity with 7200 rpm SATA HDDs in four-drive increments up to 12 x 3TB drives for up to 36TBs of network storage. Users can also add very high performance 128GB solid state drives (SSDs), which are available from Iomega.
Advanced Business Features of the new Iomega StorCenter px12-350r
In addition to standard network storage features, the new StorCenter px12-350r has many of today's most important business class features and advanced capabilities, including:
- High performance computing with Intel Core2 Duo processor and expanded 4GB memory.
- Four gigabit Ethernet ports with bonding capability for load balancing and high performance bandwidth aggregation or failover.
- Advanced Data protection with RAID levels 1, 10, 5 and 6 with hot spare, automatic RAID rebuild and hot swap functionality (RAID 0 and JBOD mode also available).
- UPS support, hot swap drives and data replication with device-to-device copy jobs that can be defined and scheduled as needed to keep data backed up and secure.
- Server class pedigree – certified for VMware® vSphere 5, Citrix® XenServer 5.6, and Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2.
- With Avamar support on the px12-350r, users have the industry's first storage product that natively supports EMC's industry-leading Avamar sub-file deduplication for remote office/branch office (ROBO) backup.
- Sophisticated networking – Ethernet port bonding for load balancing, high performance bandwidth aggregation or failover, as well as VLAN tagging for security and manageability.
- ISCSI target capability provides block level access for most efficient storage utilization, as well as topping out at a blazing 425MB/second in sequential read I/O performance.
- Storage pools group together drives of like size and RAID protection to simplify management.
- Windows Active Directory Trusted Domains, MSCS and Hyper-V Live Migration Support.
- Embedded AXIS® Video Hosting System (AVHS) provides support for up to 12 AXIS IP security cameras for affordable and superior video surveillance solutions.
Iomega Personal Cloud – manage your own cloud with no extra costs
Iomega® Personal Cloud is a revolutionary technology that allows users to protect and share data by connecting their Iomega StorCenter network storage array devices to other individual devices via the Internet. Unlike public and private cloud applications, Iomega's Personal Cloud technology comes without incremental costs and is completely self-owned – the content and accessibility is always under the user's control. Bundled with every Iomega StorCenter device, including the new StorCenter px12-350r, Iomega Personal Cloud enables offsite backups, collaboration with others, easy sharing of large files, archiving and other data management and protection benefits to an organization.
Use Cases for the StorCenter px12-350r
The new Iomega StorCenter px12-350r is the ideal network storage device for multiple business uses, including:
- Databases: Boost performance by running small database applications entirely from a StorCenter px12-350r utilizing SSDs. Or enhance performance and lower costs for larger databases by running application files, log files and index files from a px12 with SSDs, and then use traditional SATA HDD storage for the actual data.
- Offsite Backup: No more worrying about important up-to-date data residing in one place. Keep data protected by installing one StorCenter ix12-350r at the main location and a second unit (or any of Iomega's StorCenter NAS devices) at a second location such as a warehouse, second office or the home office. Both StorCenter units can be in the user's Personal Cloud, and the "Copy Jobs" functionality allows the user to copy their entire storage or selected files and folders from one unit to the other.
- Virtualized Infrastructure: The StorCenter px12-350r works flawlessly with all leading virtualization platforms, allowing users to create high-performance shared storage resources for virtualized servers by incorporating an Iomega StorCenter ix12-350r. Take a step further and utilize SSDs along with SATA drives to experience dramatically enhanced shared storage performance for virtualized environments. SMBs will find the px12-350r particularly appealing for virtualized desktop infrastructure (VDI) environments like VMware View.
Upgrades for ix12-300r Customers
Iomega is also pleased to announce the availability of upgrades for the thousands of StorCenter ix12-300r systems in use today. Current StorCenter ix12-300r customers can upgrade to the new 4GB memory, as well as add SSDs to existing ix12-300r units. And they can continue to add SATA disk drives to expand capacity to the ix12-300r's limit. Current StorCenter ix12-300r -users should check the Iomega support site for the latest software updates. Contact your Iomega reseller for further details.
Availability and Warranty
The new Iomega® StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array is now available worldwide.
The StorCenter px12-350r is available in two models: the 8TB model (4 x 2TB HDD) is $5,999.99, and the 12TB model (4 X 3TB HDD) is $6,999.99 (7200 rpm SATA HDDs are used in both models.)
There are two Expansion Pack options for flexibility and growth: the 8TB Expansion Pack (4 x 2TB HDD) is $1,399.99, and the 12TB Expansion Pack (4 X 3TB HDD) is $1,699.99. Additionally, 128GB Solid State Drives (SSDs) are available from Iomega at $399.99 each.
All pricing is U.S. suggested retail.
Also available are single spare SSDs, spare power supply, spare fan and spares kits that include a single spare drive (2TB or 3TB HDD), fan and power supply.
The Iomega StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array includes a standard three-year limited warranty with phone support 8 hours a day, five days a week. Optional service plans include Iomega's Enhanced Service Plan which includes 24x7 phone support with advance replacement.
To learn more about the new Iomega StorCenter px12-350r Network Storage Array, please go to www.iomega.com.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
Iomega is a worldwide leader of innovative storage solutions for small businesses, distributed enterprises, home offices, and consumers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of EMC, the world's premier information infrastructure technology provider, Iomega has shipped more than 14 million terabytes of storage since its inception in 1980. Today, Iomega's portfolio includes industry-leading network attached storage solutions that utilize world class EMC storage and security technologies as well as Iomega's Personal Cloud technology; one of the industry's broadest selections of portable and desktop hard drives; multimedia drives that make it easy to view video and Internet content in the living room; and the one-of-a-kind Iomega® SuperHero Backup & Charger for iPhone. To learn more go to www.iomega.com. Resellers worldwide can visit www.ioclub.net.
NOTE: This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; and (xiv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
*1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes
© 2011 Iomega Corporation. All rights reserved. Iomega, ScreenPlay, SuperHero, and StorCenter are trademarks or registered trademarks of Iomega Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. EMC, Avamar, and LifeLine are trademarks or registered trademarks of EMC Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective holders.